Welcome back to DSF and Marching Band! We have been working hard all summer to develop a great fundraising plan for the 2017-18 school year. As you may be aware, the band programs receive less than 10% of their overall funding from Henrico County. We rely not only on the fees that you pay to participate in marching band but also our various fundraisers and contributions.
For this school year, following is a list of the opportunities you have to financially support the band programs – we encourage all students and families to participate. Fundraisers are for the overall benefit of the band program; students do not receive “credits” toward any band fees.
- Fundraising Cards: We will be rolling out a new and improved fundraising card on August 23. The card sells for $10 and offers discounts at twelve local merchants. Cards will be sold by students and also at the band “Spirit Table” at all home football games.
- Brunswick Stew: This year’s stew sale is scheduled for Saturday October 7. Students can start selling stew now. In addition to selling stew, we will need lots of hands to assist on October 7 so stay tuned for volunteer opportunities.
- Spirit Table: The Band Boosters sells Krispy Kreme Donuts and a variety of DSF spirit items at all football games. Stop by and enjoy some fresh donuts and buy some of new line of merchandise. Again, we will need parent volunteers to assist with sales this year.
- Restaurant Nights: We have added restaurant nights to our fundraising plan. Restaurant locations and dates will be posted soon and reminders will be communicated through email and Facebook . Come out and support us and enjoy a great meal!
- Kroger Community Rewards: We are now participating in the Kroger Community Rewards Program. If you designate DSF HS Band Boosters as your preferred organization, the boosters will receive a % of all of your Kroger purchases. The student folder and the band website contain details on how to participate. Our organization number is 84908.
- Band Booster Membership: We had many parents join the Band Boosters as part of the fee payment process. It is not too late! If you are interested in joining, please send in $10/member in a sealed envelope along with your name, cell number and email. Chaperones are required to be booster members and submit a volunteer application so keep that in mind if you want to participate in events such as competitions and football games.
- Contributions: In addition to joining the band boosters, we hope you can support us with an additional contribution. 100% percent of the contribution is used to support the band's operating budget. The DS Freeman HS Band Boosters is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and as such, your contribution is tax-deductible. Contributors will be noted in our programs for the Winter and Spring concerts.
Contribution levels for the 2017-18 school year are:
Musician up to $24
Composer $100 and above
Again, we appreciate all of the support! If you have any questions, please contact the DSF Band Boosters at email@example.com.